1. Shower #1 was great! Steve's mom threw a tea party shower in Pasadena. It's was classy and dainty and yummy! We played shower games and opened presents. Julianne was a tornado of perfection! I got a little more attention than I thought I'd be comfortable with, and it was so fun to have my mom and sister there. They stayed for a few days after, and we got to do mother/daughter and sister activities!
2. The purple shoes totally work, but I'm going to wear them at the reception. I found some cute wedge (so they don't sink into the grass) Ivory colored shoes. I decided that I didn't want colored shoes peeping out and being a distraction during the ceremony. My jewelry and other accessories all work almost perfectly - fixing one of them. And I guess this P90X working is bulking me up (or maybe I'm just eating my stress in the form of sugar) - so my mid section of the dress was fitting a little to tightly for my comfort, and for aesthetic purposes as well. So I'm trying to run every day. It's hard.
3. I had a makeup and hair trial and was really pleased with both! It was exactly what I wanted, and at dinner with Jenn after, she said it looked good! So I'm done looking for that, and that makes me relax a little bit. funny thing - the hair stylist is the sister of a friend of mine at Playhouse West! SMALL world!
4. Met with Holly (florist) yesterday. Was 30 minutes late! YIKES! that is so not like me. But she was so nice about it, and had everything set up. It's going to be just perfect! I'm so happy we chose to have a florist, and she is brilliant. Everything she touches turns to gold! And she's going to work in our tables numbers beautifully too!
5. Steve got his ring back from being engraved and sized. It's perfect and sometimes he'll slip it on and then start posing for me. It's adorable. Mine still is not done! I'm not worried about it getting done on time, I'm just anxious to see it and have it.
6. Speaking of not having things. I ordered Steve's wedding gift on line a couple weeks ago. And FedEx says they delivered it on the 8th. We never got it. They said they would come by yesterday to check it out. They didn't. I'm really starting to loose faith in the mail system, and our neighborhood! Could it really be that someone is taking things off our doorstep? We are tucked away in the very back corner - So it's not like someone walking down the street will see a nice juice package sitting there and take it. I don't understand!
Steve and I are doing a Catholic Engagement Encounter this weekend. Though neither of us are Catholic, we do want to find more spirituality in our lives. And we've heard good things about this program in terms of being a great forum for really digging in and talk about the pillars of marriage and how to keep them strong. I'm really excited to see what happens! I think it's going to be deep!